Monday, September 17, 2007

Week 2 Wrap-Up

NFL WEEK 2 POWER RANKINGS
1. Pittsburgh Steelers: an offense that moves at will, and a defense that doesn't budge... Plus, Mike Tomlin looks like he could break off his foot in your ass
2. O.J. Simpson: still a viable threat after all these years
3. Steve Smith: single-handedly pulling my nads out of the fantasy football fire
4. Pats, Lies and Videotape: eclipsed by O.J., but still an early front-runner for scandal of the year
5. the Cincinnati Bengals defense: the funniest thing I've seen on TV since "30 Rock"
6. Brett Favre: what is this guy, 80? who's laughing now? not me... I kept him on my fantasy bench
7. chicken fingers: still my go-to call at halftime
8. The Hand of God: Jon Kitna says "a miracle" wiped away his concussion symptoms... I say the miracle is that the Lions are 2-0
9. Larry Johnson vs. MySpace: hard for this story to find light behind the Pats tape library and O.J.'s return to the pokey, but any story that involves someone impersonating a star athlete is gold... One that involves them impersonating a star athlete on MySpace and cutting a hip-hop track is pure platinum
10. Kanye West, "Stronger": yes, he needs to quit whining, but this is the jam... I mean, he's no LJ, but he's got promise


WEEK TWO FANTASY FOOTBALL BREAKDOWN (I'm in two leagues, so twice the tragedy for me to recap for you each week)
League 1
P. Manning QB -- 21
M. Barber RB -- 20
M. Jones-Drew RB -- 4
M. Furrey WR -- 6
J. Galloway WR -- 25
S. Holmes WR -- 5
T. Gonzalez TE -- 4
N. Kaeding K -- 2
Steelers DST -- 6
TOTAL -- 93
Monday morning quarterback sez: despite Manning, Barber, and Galloway, I still lost by 15... My team has all the depth of a season of "The Hills."

League 2
M. Leinart QB -- 14
F. Gore RB -- 20
D. McAllister RB -- 3
S. Smith WR -- 33
H. Ward WR -- 5
T. Gonzalez TE -- 4
R. Gould K -- 9
Steelers DST -- 10
TOTAL -- 98
Monday morning quarterback sez: despite Deuce not showing up and Gonzalez killing me in two leagues, I'm currently up by 45 in this matchup... my opponent still has Brian Westbrook going tonight, but unless he touches the ball on every single snap -- and takes up kicking duties -- I think I'm in the clear.

No comments: