Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Steeler Nation Travels Well

A lot of people (and by "a lot of people," I mean my parole officer) have noticed my absence around these parts. Have I given up the blog? Am I no longer living by the black and gold ethos? Am I chained to a radiator somewhere? Rest easy, friends. Between mourning the passing of Myron Cope, Dwight White and our once potent pass rush, I've been a bit sidetracked.

So where have I been? The short answer is that I've been working (the long answer involves a lot of info that you may be encouraged to cough up to a Federal prosecutor at some point, so we're all better off sticking with the short version). This work takes me to some exotic, breathtaking locales. Inspired by these surroundings, I did what any good Steeler fan would do -- I stood in the middle of them waving a Terrible Towel (consider it my off-season workout).

CANNES, FRANCE -- 5/16/08

It's the pinnacle of international filmmaking, host to the most celebrated filmmakers of our age. It's where Oscar winners are unveiled and where blockbusters play to their first packed houses. It's the Cannes Film Festival, the most renowned film festival in the world. And now it's officially been all Steeler-ed up. (Important note: I didn't get my picture taken with Harrison Ford, but I did manage to get this shot… because I'm an idiot.)



UP NEXT -- MONTE CARLO

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there Mean Rob I found your site while searching for a place to watch Steeler games in New York. I'll be in mid-town for the season opener in September and need a place to watch the game.

I'm a season ticket holder so if you hook me up here I'll treat you to a great tailgate party when you get to the burgh.